Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Mystery Spot -- Mysterious or Not?

I've heard of the Mystery Spot for a long time for its gravitational myths but never had the chance to visit there.  Finally I decided to go take a trip to Santa Cruz and had a chance to find out the truth of the Mystery Spot on a sunny Saturday.  The road driving up the hill to the Mystery Spot is quite narrow, so you would want to drive slowly and watch out the opposite traffic carefully.  I feel excited when I finally reach the sign.  To get in the place you would need to pay $6 for a tour. 


The nice tour guide lady tells us about the history of the Mystery Spot along its way, and shows us the amazing gravitational myths of different sights and buildings.  Such as below wooden house doesn't seems to be collapsed easily on the uphill even though it's built in a weird direction.  And the tour lady asks a group of volunteers to stand on a wooden bar so show an amazing visual effect--where they won't fall down even though they seems to lean so much forward, but in fact they would feel they are standing "straight".


Inside the house there are many fun posing that you can do and take amazing pictures.  I would leave this part to yourself to feel and experience when you visit the Mystery Spot next time.  During the tour there are many gravitational experiments that seem to be "anti-gravity" such as a ball rolling upward instead of downward, but I would think they are illusions created by a team of great architectures using the uphill characteristics of the site. 


Before I went there I thought there would be really some mysterious spot where people can float in the air, but in fact there are simply some deceptive spots and structures where you can take some funny pictures.  I would still think it's an amazing trip where you can see the trees standing so straightly on such a steep uphill.  Although the tour of Mystery Spot is pretty short, it is very interesting for curious people like myself and it can be a very fun family day trip with kids.  I also got a souvenir bumper Mystery Spot sticker from the tour.  I hope you'll have the time to visit there and enjoy the fun of the Mystery Spot when you pass by Santa Cruz in California, and you can decide if it is mysterious enough or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment